How to Register and Apply for a Voucher
New Eyes for the Needy purchases new basic prescription eyeglasses for children and adults in financial need throughout the United States with household incomes at or below 100% of Federal Poverty guidelines.
A New Eyes voucher is for individuals who have no other resources with which to obtain a basic pair eyeglasses.
Please note that due to the high volume of demand, all vouchers issued after December 1st can only be used at New Eyes' partner MarvelOptics, an online eyeglasses retailer.Please click HERE FOR A VIDEO on how to easily redeem a New Eyes voucher online through Marvel Optics.
How to Register and Access New Eyes’ Online Voucher Application
Please read the instructions below before you apply for your client.
Our online application can only be accessed by a social service agency*.
Please ensure your internet browser is up to date before you access the online application!
Individual applicants cannot access the New Eyes online voucher portal and should obtain assistance from a social service agency.
We suggest that you print this page as a reference when first using the New Eyes Voucher Online Application Portal.
You will need the following information from your client:
Contact information including name, address, phone number and email (if available)
Monthly income and expenses
A prescription for eyeglasses from a recent eye exam (within the last 12 months)
You will need your agency’s tax ID as verification of your agency. Please note tax ID numbers are public information and are not private information such as social security numbers.
*If a social service agency is not available, a primary care physician, school nurse or house of worship may submit an online application for the client.
Registration and Voucher Procedures
1) Agencies must first register for access to the portal. On the home page, please click on the Online Agency Registration link (see below) for a registration link that will be emailed to you. Please check your email for the registration link which will bring you to the Agency registration page. On the Agency registration page, you will fill in the agency contact information and tax ID number. You may also include contact information for other caseworkers in your agency by scrolling down to the bottom of the page to the “Manage Contacts” section.
2) If your agency has already registered but this is the first time you are using the portal, please click on the New Agency User link to complete your contact information.
This will lead you to the New Agency User page. To see if your agency is already registered, click on the dropdown menu on the New Agency User page where it says “Please Choose Agency”. If your agency is not listed, click on “click here” in the upper left of sign-in window to request an agency registration link to be sent to you.
3) If your agency has already been registered, enter your email and password on the portal homepage. Your agency must validate that you work within the agency before you can proceed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR ENHANCED SECURITY, AGENCIES MUST VALIDATE CASEWORKERS WHO WISH TO USE OUR PROGRAM. THE INDIVIDUAL WHO FIRST REGISTERED THE AGENCY WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM NEW EYES SUPPORT ASKING THE AGENCY TO LOG-ON TO THE NEW EYES ONLINE APPLICATION PROGRAM, CLICK ON "MANAGE CASE WORKERS" ON THE LEFT PANEL AND APPROVE THOSE CASEWORKERS THAT WORK WITHIN YOUR AGENCY.
4) Once you and your agency have registered, you may request a voucher for your client. On the right side panel of your screen, you will find a menu of options:
- "Request Voucher" allows you to apple for an eyeglass voucher for your client.
- "Issued Voucher" allows you to view, print or email a client voucher.
- "Request History" allows you to view the voucher your agency has requested for clients.
- "Rejected Request" lists unapproved application. (New Eyes will send you an email with the reason why the request was rejected.)
- "Profile Settings" and "Update Profile" allow you to make changes to your and your agency's contact information.
5) Request a Voucher for your client. Click on “Request Voucher” to complete an application for an eyeglass voucher for your client. Your Agency information will automatically be filled. You must click on the highlighted field as shown below to find your own contact information before you can fill out your client information. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST CONFIRM THAT YOUR CLIENT HAS HAD A RECENT EYE EXAM .You must include the prescription with the client information.
Complete the application form with your client’s information and click on submit. Once you have submitted a request, New Eyes will email you within 5 business days to inform you if the voucher has been approved or not. If the request has been approved, the email will have a link to the voucher that you can download and print along with other information on where your client can use the voucher. Vouchers are good for 90 days, so please distribute them quickly.
You may also check the status of your voucher through the “Issued Voucher” link. There, you can also download, print or email the voucher.
If you have questions about our online registration or voucher request process, please contact New Eyes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-376-4903.