- Regular morning groups: Jespy House (Mon & Thurs); Opportunity Project (Tues); Daily Plan-it (Tues.), Regional Day School (Wed; closing for good mid-June); ECLC (Wed; not coming during summer)
- Jersey Cares: moved to 9:30-12 on Wednesdays. We are having them do more simple jobs (eg, packing boxes, sorting out eyeglass cases/sunglasses, counting glasses) and more volunteers are returning.
- High School Program (Thursday 2:30pm-4:30pm) averaged about 8 students each week. Ended for summer on June 5. Will resume September 4.
- The second Goldman Sachs volunteer group came in Friday, May 16. There were 20 volunteers that sorted/tested glasses.
- The High School EyeVolunteer July program currently has 13 students registered. The program will run on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings, 9am-noon. We have asked for a $20 fee to cover tee shirt and snacks/water. Jill Maget (summer intern) will help coordinate the program.
- Met with Chatham Brownies and St. Rose of Lima 6th graders to talk about New Eyes and receive collected glasses.
- Golda Och Academy (West Orange) bringing in 18 middle school students on June 19.
- Scheduling volunteer groups with Accenture, Blue Cross Blue Shield (7/11), Wyndham Worldwide (9/19), Jewish Vocational Services (7/10) and Morris County Youth Shelter (7/18) .
- Volunteer listings in the Item and the Independent Press . Listings on-line in NCJW Volunteer Network, VMC, and Volunteer Match. 7 new volunteers trained.
- Summer bringing a lot of volunteer interest with college students.
- Working with Nathan to update sorting room (new labels on bins, update bulletin board, painting?)
- Regular weekly listings for Fab Finds Sales in Independent Press, the Item, on-line Patches (12 in area), and monthly in Vicinity.
- Sending out email at the beginning of each month on Constant Contact listing the Fab Finds sale dates for the month and special sales.
- Developing calendar for 2014-15 Fab Finds Sales. September opening will be Saturday, September 6. Adding a Thursday sale during weeks with a Saturday sale.