- Vouchers are being sent out at a rate of 185 per week. The FY started out slowly as agencies not all aware that we re-opened the program on April 1st. No waitlist now but if applications continue to increase we may have to maintain one.
- North Carolina applications are rising at increasing rate. Voucher coordinators developing options in how to deal with large increase.
- Board members Sue Dyckman and Diana Epstein have agreed to sit on the Online Application Committee to counsel and advise as New Eyes moves forward in picking a software vendor to develop the program.
- Volunteers have made good progress in sorting backlog of used glasses, though there will be adequate supply for Student Summer Program.
- Volunteer Manager, Sally Golding has been very successful in recruiting individual and group volunteers for overseas program (please see Volunteer Manager’s Report).
- Feed the Children came in for pickup in early May
- Currently searching for donation of corrugated boxes for used glasses as the supply of boxes donated last year from Costco has been exhausted.
- Spoke to West Orange Lions Club on Thursday, June 5. New Eyes received $1,000 donation for WO Lions this past week.
- Spoke to and presented New Eyes PowerPoint deck to Madison Rotary Club on Thursday, June 12.
- There have been no grants awarded since May meeting.
- Grant applications since May meeting: William G. & Helen C. Hoffman Foundation ($10,000)
- 2014 Spring Appeal to date: $12,000
- New Eyes received $5,000 from Shop2Care (the new shopping website featuring New Eyes and 19 other nonprofits that receive a percentage of proceeds).
- First EyeRock 2015 meeting was held via conference call on June 10. Currently preparing promotion deck for sponsorship solicitation to be distributed in August.
- Voucher coordinators Susan Rodbart and Tamsin Morrison have been given their respectivformance reviews. Reviews will be done on annual basis in June of each year.
- Plumber fixed toilet on first floor.
- Seeking estimates on new desk/work stations for administrative office through US Communities, a website for nonprofit and government agencies that offer vendor services discounts of 75-80%.
- Interns Nathan Bram and Jill Maged are doing a variety of tasks including moving new Eyes’ website to a more flexible platform and constructing graphics for pages.
- Advisory Board meeting was held via conference call on Friday, June 20.